The answer by Alex fixed my issue of missing files.
I had one other problem ( though it is not related to missing files, i feel this would be the better topic)
- I needed to copy a set of images into my project.
- I simply created a group (though i know that group doesnt map to the physical folder) and dragged the images into the group (selected "Copy to.." option).
- SVN status showed all of them in "A".
- Now when I went into actual file system, I found that all images where copied to the root folder of my project. As it didnt look well, I created a physical folder inside the images folder in my project and copied all the added images there.
- SVN then showed all files in red.
- I deleted the references of all the red files.
- With the "Add File" option, I then added the images from the newly created folder.
- Now SVN fails to show status of the files as "A", and no way I can check them in.
- Tried out many steps like trashing them adding again from a different folder etc, but there wasnt any luck.
I fixed this by going directly into the repository, create a new directory under images so that the physical folder is now in the SVN server
I then took an update of the source, and got the newly created directory inside my working copy (though it is not added to the project).
I then copied the images to that directory and added them to the project using "Add File" option, which brought me back the "A" status and I was able to check in the files.
Just wanted to share this.....because it took a lot of time from me.